Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hamm's Molded Mirrors

Day 1 in Munich, I already saw something nice.  Although I was not totally awake, I found Richard Meier's Siemens Forum by accident.  Too bad it is not open for public visit.

I visited a few art galleries close by.  Galerie Jordanow was showing photographer Hubertus Hamm's photographic and non-photographic works.  I was more interested in his non-photographic Molded Mirrors.  These deformed, highly reflective stainless steel plates displayed abstract reflections of the exhibition space, which were changing constantly with the viewer's movement and the changing light condition.  It would have been great if I had got the chance to see Hamm's exhibition All the World's a Stage in the Königssaal of the Bayerischen Staatsballetts two months ago.  Seeing how his molded mirrors interacted with the neoclassical architectural space there would have been interesting.

Hamm at Galerie Jordanow: