Friday, 19 August 2011

Bechers on Hudson?

I took a day trip to Beacon, about 80 minutes one way by train up Hudson River north of NYC.  It's well worth spending almost three hours on the train to visit Dia: Beacon, which is a must-see for any lover of contemporary (minimalist) art.  Works on view are mostly large-scaled works by great masters.  My favourites Bernd & Hilla Becher, John Chamberlain, Dan Flavin, Donald Judd, Imi Knoebel, Sol LeWitt, Gerhard Richter, Fred Sandback and Richard Serra were all shown there.  Unfortunately, photography was not allowed.  So I have no images from DB to share here.

Bernd and Hilla Becher at Pinakothek der Moderne, München 2010:


Talking about Bernd and Hilla Becher, I found a lot of vintage industrial constructions outside my train window that looked as if they had appeared in the Bechers' photo album.  They made my train ride even more enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment