Monday 28 July 2014

Make Every Show Like It's Your Last

I took a trip to Leeds yesterday morning to see Gego's show Line As Object at Henry Moore Institute.  Thank you, J, for your recommendation.  I'm glad that I made it there.  It's a truly inspiring show.  Too bad photography was not allowed.

Since it was my last day in Manchester, I decided to squeeze in just one more show in the late afternoon - Ryan Gander's solo exhibition Make Every Show Like It's Your Last at Manchester Art Gallery.  I must confess that I would have needed more time on Gander's show.  I didn't see everything in 1.5 hours.  He has a concurrent showing at Castlefield Gallery in another part of town but I'd have to reluctantly miss it.

Gander at Manchester Art Gallery:













That concludes my month-long European art trip.  I'm flying back to Toronto today.