Tuesday 19 July 2022

Le Code

I went to Montréal for a few days back in March.  It was during the time when my Instagram account was hacked and I subsequently paused all my social media activities.  There were a few shows that I have thoroughly enjoyed when I was there.  And I am going to share them here in the coming days.

Francine Savard's solo exhibition Le Code at Blouin Division was the prime reason for my visit to Montréal.  The show itself of course was brilliant as always.  But my biggest treat was a surprise.  I have been following Savard for more than ten years, since the time when she was showing regularly at the now closed Diaz Contemporary in Toronto, but I have never met her.  I did not expect meeting with one of my favourite artists when visiting a gallery away from home, let alone having a one-on-one Q&A with her.  Thank you, Francine, for your time and your kindness.  The surreal encounter has made my trip truly unforgettable.










There has been another surprise.  I will recount that in my next post.