Monday 11 March 2024

Chromascopic

Another exciting show I went to see during my current trip to London was Chromascopic at APT Gallery, a group exhibition curated by Laurence Noga and Ben Gooding.  The focus of the show is to "examine, explore and celebrate the non-figurative flourishing of British colourists in the twenty-first century".  Clearly, the curators did an excellent job.

Jason Martin's Ex Fialta:




Mary Webb's Chattel House Series II, Bryce II and Chattel House Series I:




Jason Martin's Untitled:




Lothar Götz's Winter and Ben Gooding's Laguna:





Laurence Noga's Soft Green Filtered Black (diptych):




Ian Davenport's Magenta Portrait:




Jason Martin's Chi and Lothar Götz's Spring:




Imogen Wetherell's Chime Extended I and II:




Ian Davenport's Ripple:



And the icing on the cake is that I got the chance to meet and chat with one of the friendly curators Laurance Noga finally after following him virtually for years.  I look forward to more inspiring projects from you in future, Laurence.  Congratulations on the great show!