Saturday 7 July 2012

Hollein + Koons

I visited the MMK (Museum für Moderne Kunst) and Schirn Kunsthalle again today.  This time I managed to get inside.

The MMK is showing mostly photography currently.  So there is nothing too inspiring (to me, at least) to write about.  However, this 1991 Hans Hollein-designed museum space is like an architectural playground - I'll never get tired of exploring it although not much has changed since my last visit in 2005.









Schirn is showing Jeff Koons's paintings, which sparked little surprise.  Concurrently showing at the historical Liebieghaus, however, are Koons's sculptures.  Set in dialogues with five millennia's span of the historical sculpture collection there, Koons's works are as evocative as they are supposed to be.


Video from 's youtube channel