Friday 5 July 2013

Daring Danes

Arrived at København yesterday afternoon.  Since I had time to visit only one gallery - Den Frie Udstillingsbygning - and photography was not allowed, I have no pictures of the exhibition there to share.  The curated group exhibition is titled Space Is The Place.  It taps into the relationship between science fiction and visual art.  Picture of Den Frie Udstillingsbygning:



Den Frie Udstillingsbygning's history has a revolutionary beginning.  Danish artists, too, have impressed me with their daring originality.  My favourite Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson's creativity is, without a doubt, truly original.  Danish artist Henrik Olesen's honesty expressing what the public discussion has marginalized, effaced and misrepresented is passionate and daring.  Poster of his 2011 solo exhibition I saw at Basel's Museum für Gegenwartskunst:



Daring bright København colours against the unforgiving grey sky: